Meet Rick 👋🏻This guy right here is not only my best friend but my rock ⚡️ I am so very thankful to have this man beside my side in this crazy adventure of parenting!! It isn’t an easy ride some days and it can truly test our patience 🙈 but at the end of the day we support each other and make each other laugh and hold hands and do it all over again!
1) What advice would you give to a new dad?
Understand something, whatever you are going through with having a new baby, your wife is experiencing it ten times more. Just try and be there, help out in anyway you can and be patient.
2) what do you do now that you are a father that you never thought you would before you had kids?
I never thought I would be ok with having poop on my hands. Unfortunately you can’t just leave the kid on the change table and run to the bathroom to scrub your hands.
3) would you ever want to be a stay-at-home father? Not. A. Chance.
4) what do you admire most about the mother of your children?
Everything, she’s perfect in every way. Except when she face-pushes me because I’m “snoring”. We all know that you’re the one who snores. Her patience though is what really blows me away. When Zach is screaming at the top of his lungs and there’s no soothing him? I can handle that for maybe 20 minutes. She does it every day!
5) what do you like to do in your ‘free time’? The little spare time I get?
I try to play some video games, beer league hockey and beer league softball. At night, Tawny and I will lay in bed and watch the Office to try and block out the craziness that our life has become!