Our Mom crush of the month for August is Kylee from @thecouleecottage 🙌 You may know her as she is at almost every market (which is where we met and so glad we did!) and she is so friendly to everyone😍. She is such a charm to be around! She is a huge #momboss and the art she creates is stunning. She is a mom of two girls, and she runs her own business (with her husband) and kicks butt at it, and now she is pregnant and due soon, and still doing everything! I don’t know how she does it. She is truly amazing.
1) If you could give any advice to a new parent, what would it be?
- Don’t compare yourself to other parents. Enjoy the moments and joy being a parent can bring, let in the good and learn from the bad. You won’t be perfect, your children won’t be perfect, you are on this learning journey together. You will love and teach your children, and they will love and teach you. Do what is best for YOUR family. Be patient and always be present, that is the best gift you can give your children! ♥️
2) When you have had an exceptionally long day and you don’t feel like cooking, what is your quick go-to meal for the kids?
- We LOVE leftovers. We make extra food at the beginning of the week just for this reason alone. Or grab a rotisserie chicken, cut up fruits and veggies and you’re good to go!
3) What is your favourite thing to do on date night?
- We don’t do a lot of date nights, mostly day dates where our parents have the kids all day, or occasionally all weekend long! So my answer would be to have alone time to regenerate and enjoy the time we have alone together! We love to cook together, so a fancy meal that doesn’t include ketchup would be my final answer.
4) What treat will you never say no to?
- Cinnamon Buns. But I say no to 99% of all treats now since I’m gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, canola oil free, and corn free. It’s fun, ask me how it’s been this pregnancy. I dare you 😉🙈
5) What do you do when it is “Mommy’s Time”?
- Clean. I love cleaning in peace. It may not sound relaxing, but uninterrupted cleaning is my guilty pleasure!
Bonus Questions: What made you want to start your own business? What is your go to old school jam? If you could have a superpower what would it be?
- To stay home with my babies. I’m lucky enough that Tanner and I turned The Coulee Cottage into a full time job for the both of us!
- Spice girls. I’m a 90’s baby, what can I say.
- I’d want to be the Flash. Can you imagine dishes done is .1 seconds? Yes please.